Wednesday, August 7, 2019

Irate House Wives and Avon

Hi, World!

Yesterday while I was door-knocking, I pulled over on the side of a street I was planning to canvass to label my Avon books with my name and phone number and web address, when a young man pulled out of his driveway and stopped his car next to mine and asked,

"Are you okay?"

I thought, "What a nice young man!" Then, I held up a book and told him, "I'm fine. I'm selling Avon. Would you like a book?"

He laughed and pointed out that guys might not be interested in make-up. I quickly told him, "Oh, but Avon is a whole lot more than make-up! We got great products for men, too! Colognes, after shave conditioners, deodorants, soap-on-a-rope, and there is a lot more stuff!"

He said, "Well, probably not. But my wife might be interested."

About that time, a blond lady came stomping out of her drive toward my car. She looked angry. I said, "Uh oh. She is probably wondering who the heck you are talking to..." About that time she rudely yells out,

"Who are YOU!"

I smiled and said, "The Avon Lady. Would you like a book?" The young man started driving off.

"No, thank you," she curtly answered, shaking her fist at him as he drove off. "Yeah! Get your drunk a** gone!" she yelled.

I figured I wouldn't knock on her door any time soon...LOL

Today, I went to Texarkana and deposited my money. Then, I went to a grocery store down the road and sat in the parking lot and labeled about 20 books. Then, as women came out of the store, I met them at their cars and asked, "Do you need an Avon Lady?"

If they said yes, I handed them a book and got their phone number.

I gave out 15 books and took 11 phone numbers in less than an hour an a half...and it was MUCH easier than knocking on doors.

I'm gonna have to do that more often.

I am so looking forward to call back day.

My Avon order should be here tomorrow. I'm looking forward to that as well.

Have a blessed day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think!