Thursday, August 29, 2019

Canvassing Neighborhoods

Yesterday, I spent all day knocking on doors. I left home at 2 PM and came back in at 6 PM.

It was hot and tiring work. If someone answered the door, I introduced myself holding up the Avon brochure. If they were interested, I would give them a book with instructions on how to contact me, showing them the information on the back, and making sure they saw the website address.

If they were not interested, I took a move from Jesus's play-book and shook the dirt from my feet as I exited the property.

If they were not home, I hung a flyer on their door.

When I returned home, I was hot, and tired, and my clothes were clinging to me from the sweat. I was happy to sit down.

And, disappointed.

I spent four hours and didn't get one phone number. I gave out maybe ten books and hung quite a few flyers.

Today, I had to meet a customer at the bank so she could pick up her order and pay for it. It was after 5 PM when she and I rendezvoused, so I decided to knock on a few more doors. After an hour, I came home -- just as disappointed.

Tomorrow, I have to do call-backs on the numbers I've already collected. I have another customer who is coming by to pick up my last two bottles of Skin-So-Soft.

Then, I have decided on Saturday, I will stick to working the parking lots. That seems to work so much better, and I am not nearly as wore out at the end of the day.

Yes, I think I'm done with knocking on doors. At least until the weather cools off and I can stay at it a whole lot longer.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think!