Sunday, August 25, 2019

Answered Prayers, Imaginary Friends and Zucchini


Today was a very good day for me.

It is the day that I have designated to focus on resting from selling Avon all week. Instead, I chose to focus it on prayer, and spending quality time with friends and family when the opportunity presents itself, and relaxing at home.

I have a friend I call "My imaginary friend."

I call him that because he always says he's going to come see me and never does. Something always gets him side-tracked. So, I started calling him "My imaginary friend" because I never see him and sometimes wonder if he even exists. LOL

Well, my "imaginary" friend said he would come see me today.

If he showed up, I determined to wonder if my imagination was playing tricks on me.

He did show up. I introduced him to the guys, saying, "See, my imaginary friend is REAL!"

We took a trip to Burger King and got a King-size glass of sweet iced tea. I missed sweet iced tea for the last few days, as we had run out of sugar at home.

Last night, another friend came by and dropped off a few bucks for me to get my windshield wipers fixed on my cars, with instruction that I was NOT to pay him back. I tried to argue but he said it might cause him more problems than it was worth if I did. So I thanked him gratefully, and thanked God for answered prayers, because what he gave me was enough to not only give me new wipers, but buy sugar and pay for some gas for my car -- which I badly need.

After our trip to Burger King, we went to the river and talked for about an hour or so. We caught up on old times and views on life. It was two old friends enjoying a visit that was long over due.

On the way home, he took me to Wal-mart and waited in the truck while I went in to buy my sugar. I told him, "I won't be long, I promise! I hate shopping. I make lists and I get what I need and I leave." He said "Me, too."

I don't think he believed me, though.

I went in, and grabbed my sugar and went to the check out. Business was very slow at Wally World today. But, there were four lanes open. The first lane had one paying for her groceries and another waiting to be checked out with a few groceries on the belt. All I had was sugar. The next lane was empty, with the cashier patiently waiting.

I said, "You look like you need something to do. Let me help you!" She laughed as she rang up my sugar.

I went back to the truck and threw the $7 - 25 lb bag into the bag of the truck and hopped in the cab. My friend said, "WOW! THAT has to be a record check out!"

I told him that I contemplated jumping in the cab and saying, "Quick! Let's get OUT OF HERE! I just stole that sugar!" LOL

He said, "I would have believed you!"

We laughed. He brought me home and said good day, and expressed hopes of getting with me again sometime -- but had somewhere he had to be tonight.

I then cooked up some fried Zucchini and meatballs for me and my housemates to eat. They enjoyed every bite, and expressed that it was something they'd like to see me do again sometime.

Later, I found out I was listed number nine in the top sales reps for my area during campaign 17!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think!