Thursday, August 8, 2019

Avon at the Produce Line

Hello, World!

While I am trying to get my Avon Business to build up, I am taking advantage of any opportunity to save money on food and supplies.

Flower Acres Baptist Church gives away free produce to the public on every 2nd and 4th Thursday of the month. The line of cars is long and I usually go prepared to sit and wait in my car about 2 to 3 hours as we slowly make our way up the line for them to fill our trunks with produce.

We never know what we are going to get, but you can bet that whatever we get will be a lot!

Today, I received 4 bags of onions, 2 cartons of strawberries 5 packages of celery, 6 heads of iceberg lettuce, 3 heads of Romaine Lettuce, a bag of Apples, 2 coconuts and 8 bags of grapes.

While I sat in the hot car waiting for the line to move up, I took advantage of the time I had to label all the Avon books I had with me in the car. I had to get out of my car a couple of times to move books from the back seat to the front, then back again as they were labeled.

A lady across the street saw me. She came over to my car and asked, "Are you selling Avon?"

I said, "Yes, Ma'am!"

"Can I have a book?"

"Well of course you can!"

She took her book back across the road and started looking through it. Shortly, a lady got out of the car in front of me and came to my window.

"Was that an Avon book you just gave her?" she asked.

"Yes, Ma'am. Would you like one!"

"I sure would!"

I thought it was neat how I could just sit there in my car and customers gravitated to me. LOL

It is why I decided to sell Avon. The product sells itself. All it needs is an Avon label. It is so easy to gain Avon customers.

And, then, God showed up.

When I left the house today from New Boston, my gas tank was nearly on empty. I had $3.00 in my purse (and a check I hadn't cashed yet because it was post-dated...) So I was worried about what I was going to do to get home. While I sat there labeling my books, I contemplated trying to sell some of the perfumes I had in my back seat for some cash.

As I pulled out of the produce line, I called my mom who lives in Redwater and told her that I had some stuff for her. I always share my produce. I figured if I could make it there, I could borrow a few dollars for gas.

Then, my phone rang. It was a customer who lived near where I was who was ready for her delivery.

THANK YOU, JESUS!

I made the delivery, and left her with her Avon and a bag of onions and a head of lettuce. She gave me her money and told me to keep the change. I was happy (and so was she!)

Then, I went to a friend's house who was struggling, and I left her some onions, lettuce, cabbage and celery and grapes. She was happy.

Then, I got to thinking. My Avon order should be home by now. I got gas with the money my customer paid me and went home to unload my car and grab my mom's order.

I took her a coconut, some celery, lettuce, onions and grapes. She paid me for her Avon and was happy. She went on and on about how much she liked the Rare Pearls perfume she bought.

Then, as I drove back home, I remembered I promised a lady to stop by and show her my men's cologne collection that she was wanting to buy for her son. So when I got back to New Boston, I stopped by her home. She chose three items and set up an appointment for me to deliver it tomorrow, when she had the money.

I got home and put all my Avon in bags to get ready for delivery.

Tomorrow, I'll start making deliveries and call-backs for the next order to go in.

Whew! What a blessed day!

I hope yours is!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think!