Tuesday, August 20, 2019

No Apples or Grapes...


This morning, someone sent me a post on Facebook saying that Flower Acres Baptist Church got a surprise shipment of 3,000 lbs of Apples and Grapes they were giving away.

Last night, I got a post from TDCJ saying that one of the CO's at Telford Prison had her house burn down and she lost everything. They were asking for donations to help her out.

So, this afternoon, I bathed, dressed, got all my supplies packed in the car, and took a trip to Telford (about five miles away) and left a bag of Avon, complete with deodorant, shampoo, body wash, hand lotion, mascara, eyeliner, lipstick and nail polish for the lady in need. I don't work there anymore, but I still respect and love my Telford family.

Then, I drove to Texarkana, to Flower Acres...but nothing was left for me to get. It's okay. I'll just look forward to Thursday's Produce Day.

While I was out, I went to the Wal-Mart on New Boston Road and distributed my books to whoever needed an Avon Lady. I gave out 20 books, took 8 phone numbers and sold two Skin-So-Soft bath oil sprays. I only have two left now. I guess I need to order some more. Wish I knew that yesterday when I put my order in.

As the day came to a close, I received a phone call from a customer that was not on my phone number list, who ordered $25.00 worth of Avon, which, including the Skin-so-Soft I sold today, puts me over $55 for this campaign already...and it is only Day 2 of Campaign 19!

It's been a successful day -- except for not getting the apples and grapes.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think!