Friday, August 23, 2019

Can't See a Thing...



Today, I loaded my car with all my orders to deliver. Then I went and made all the deliveries I could.

At about 4:45, I had to reschedule one delivery until tomorrow because I was too far away for our appointment at 5:00 PM. I made my delivery in Texarkana.

I had two deliveries I couldn't make because they were unreachable on the phone. I mean, the number was not working at all. Luckily, both orders were the same thing, and less than $10 each. I think I can re-sale the items.

I stopped at the Crazy Horse Saloon for a coke and to see if anyone needed anything from Avon. I took another order while I was there, bringing my Campaign 19 order to over $200 so far.

Then, I stopped by another bar I hadn't been to, in order to see if it was workable. I ended up leaving two books there, and with the invitation to come back.

When I took my cart of Avon outside to get into my car, which was right outside the door, it was pouring down rain. Both of my front windows were down. I quickly loaded my cart into the back seat, and soaking wet by then, I jumped in the car to head home in the rain.

My car has no de-fogger. My windshield wipers are falling apart. I drove, very slow, constantly wiping the windows so I could see. By the time I exited State Line, the rain was coming down so hard I could barely make out the yellow line on my side of the road. I prayed all the way to the next exit, and exited at Summerhill, to stop at Applebee's parking lot until the rain stopped.

My box of books that were in the front seat were damp, and the pages were slightly crinkling because of it. The bag that contained a 2-in-1 Lip Tattoo pen for one of my customers had gotten soaked and was falling apart. Sigh...

I checked the back seat where all my other books and orders were. They were all right, Praise God!

When the rain finally let up, and the air outside cooled enough, I cracked my windows to get the window defogged and continued toward New Boston -- home.

I made it home just in time for rain to start again. When I got into the house, I immediately went to change clothes. My clothes were soaked.

I pray for a cooler, but dryer day tomorrow. I can't sell Avon in the rain.

My "Things I'm asking God for" list is growing again. I have never been more dependent on Him than I am right now.

A new computer
Truck
Jack
Spare Tire
Pay off medical bills
Fix my floors
Toothpaste
Car Brakes fixed
Sugar
Soy Sauce
Dog Food
Avon Labels for my books
Phone bill and Internet paid for
All my products delivered on time
Dishwashing detergent
Watch over my sons and my Facebook friends and Family, My church and my Pastor.
Make my Avon Business profitable
Corn meal
Black Pepper
Windshield wipers

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think!