Friday, August 16, 2019

Calling All Customers

Today I spent the whole day gathering my orders for this campaign. There are only four people left to call that I can't call until Monday.

Today, alone, I have collected over $200 in orders from all the phone numbers I collect when handing out books. The customers were eager to get Avon! (And Bubble Bath is popular today -- at just $11 for 2 big bottles of your favorite scent!)

I have totally enjoyed working Avon this campaign! (and, if you haven't ordered, be sure and get your order in by Tuesday morning!)

I learned a lot this campaign. I learned that going where people are and asking them face to face if they need an Avon Lady is the best way to give books to only those who are interested.

I learned to collect phone numbers, and tell them I will call them in 3 days (giving them time to look at the book) and then follow through on my promise!

And, I learned that if they don't answer, try...try again until they do (or until the campaign is over, then delete the info from your database as "un-reachable").

Finally, I learned to make phone calls to customers that ordered LAST campaign to see if they want to make another order!

Next Campaign, I have twice as many books to give out. I am looking forward to starting it!

Oh, by the way, I also learned that if you go ahead and give out books for the next campaign when you run out of books for the current one, sometimes you can find better sales in the current and last two campaigns to back order from -- and it makes your customers HAPPY! And, even if you don't, you have a head start for the next campaign!

Have I mentioned how much I love selling Avon?

Have a blessed day!

And don't forget to share my Avon Store with your friends!
http://www.youravon.com/shondaponder

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think!