Thursday, November 3, 2022

Champion

Today, I pulled up to the Wal-Mart pick-up spot to be loaded for my delivery. Usually, I have to wait about 15 minutes before it is my turn to be loaded.

A young man with dark, glistening skin came to ask me who I was picking up for. I told him. He said, "I got you," and left to go back into the building.

A moment later, he came back out with my groceries. I said, "That was quick!"

He said, "I told you I got you." Then he said, "See, it's because WE are the CHAMPIONS!"

I smiled. He asked, "Right?"

I said, "Of the world!"

He said, "SEE! You KNOW it!"

Champions. What makes me a champion?

I thought about this for the rest of the day. What makes a champion?

Psychology Today says that a champion is a person who:

• Strives to find out how great he or she can be
• Talks soft, plays big
• Loves the battle more than the victory
• Hates to lose, but is not afraid to lose
• Goes through the fire to reach their goals
• Always competes with purpose and passion
• Learns lessons from losses
• Lives in the present moment
• Focuses on continuous daily improvement
• Does not base his or her self-worth on the scoreboard

"Am I really a champion?" I asked myself.

I have been through more than my fair share of fires. I don't stop just because there is an obstacle in front of me. If I want something, I get it...somehow. (That is, if I REALLY want it). I have been told I shouldn't be doing what I love to do. I've had people try their best to talk me out of it. I've had family try to manipulate my circumstances to try to force me not to do it. I've heard all of the excuses about why I shouldn't do it.

I'm still doing it. I'm happy doing it. I'm not going to stop doing it. It's MY life. No one else is living it. No one else is paying my bills. No one else is offering me something better and more confortable or convenient with as much pay and reward for doing it.

I may be in a tight spot right now, but I am fighting with all I have to fight with to stay afloat. There is a light at the end of tunnel. The finish line is in sight. I'm still running the race.

I guess I AM a Champion. Win or lose, I am a champion. No one can deny that.

Philippians 3:14
“I press toward the mark for the prize of the high calling of God in Christ Jesus.”

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think!