Saturday, November 12, 2022

For Every Time There is a Season

If you were to have told me, when I was working at the counter at Love's Deli in Hooks when I was 18 years old, that one day I would be a prison CO, or that I would be the President of a media alliance that would help kick off the Conservative movement, or that I would be able to travel any time I want, work whatever hours I wanted and make enough to survive just driving around all day taking stuff to people or helping them get places, I would have looked at you like you were crazy.

None of those things are related, yet all of those things I experienced.

I've had so many seasons in my life. I've done so many different things. I've experienced so many experiences.

If I were to die today, I can honestly say I lived. I never stopped, no matter what door I had to go through in order to keep going.

And, never once did I ever deny that my God was the power behind me.

If you want to really live, step outside your comfort zone. Do something you haven't done before. Don't let failure be "the end".

I keep wondering when the bottom is going to drop out and I have to move on to something else, and what is that going to be?

Then, I remember that everywhere I moved in my life was because God made it impossible for me to stay where I was.

Every season has a purpose. Do you think David would have ever been annointed to be king if he had not been a rugged shepherd boy who's only ambition was to tend the sheep and please His father?

I constantly ask myself, "Why am I here right now, where I am? What is it that You want me to do with this?"

I was a deli attendant, a fry cook, a convenient store clerk, a baker, a telephone solicitor, a wife, a mother, I made pizza's, I was an assistant manager, a managing reporter, web site designer, marketing associate, blogger, child care worker, home school teacher, server, host, bar owner, bus driver, taxi driver, Prison CO, grill cook, Avon lady, bartender, housekeeper, healthcare environmental services supervisor, single and a remote call center agent and a courier. I might think of a few more things later.

I've lived in tiny one bedroom apartments, some filled with bed bugs, campers, broken down trailer homes, double wides, homeless shelters, three bedroom houses, Austin, Houston, Redwater, Hooks, Texarkana, I've had dogs, cats, squirrels, rats, horses, pigs, rabbits, chickens.

I've been bullied, lied to, used, pushed away, given away, raped, kicked out, robbed, wrecked, tortured, strangled, grieved, abandoned, and fired.

I've also been happy, joyful, relieved, at rest, filled, rescued, loved, pulled close, rewarded, hopeful and hired.

There isn't much I haven't experienced, but God has always shown me that there is always more.

Where ever I find myself, I try to remember

1 Corinthians 10:31

"Whether therefore ye eat, or drink, or whatsoever ye do, do all to the glory of God."

And, I've learned that

Philippians 4:13 - I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me.

And, I ask myself, "Would I be the witness for Christ I am today if all those things hadn't happened to me?"

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think!