Thursday, September 19, 2019

Gratitude for Diversity

Hello, World

Today has been a day of reflection and gratitude. I look back and realize, as I contemplate my past, my present and my future, how utterly blessed I am.

This time of year is when I start "reflecting" the most.

I look at the people here on Facebook and otherwise that I am blessed to call "friends", and I see how diverse they all are. Some are cops, some are criminals. Some are Christian, and some are not. Some are family, and some are distant acquaintances who "pop in" from time to time. Some I run into at the store, or while I am out selling Avon, and others I wonder about.

Some are special friends. They were my teachers who taught me about loyalty and unconditional love. They taught me that imperfection is inevitable, and heart-aches are not permanent.

Some of them taught me that life is short, and to live each moment as if it is our last. Some lived those moments with me and made memories that we look back on with a smile, mixed with a little pain of wishful thinking about how we would like to go back and relive those times.

As I remember, I take stock of where I am and what I have gained since I came from there. I am thankful for every heart-break, every tear, every struggle and every failure. Those are what led me to where I am, in order to be who I am.

As I told a friend just today, I look at where I am, who I am, and I look around at everyone I've ever known and where they are, and I am thankful. Where I am and who I am could have turned out so much worse. I am so blessed.

So, if you are here reading this, then I want you to know how thankful I am to have you in my life. If you are feeling as if you don't matter, come talk to me -- because each of you, in your own way, have changed my life for the better.

I love you all.

Good night.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think!