Friday, September 6, 2019

Using GPS for Directions

Today, I actually woke up early this morning and was out of the house by 10 AM to start making deliveries. I delivered in Texarkana first.

I figured out how to use my GPS, and I used it liberally! I made record time on deliveries! I LOVE my GPS!

After I collected over $100, and took a $17 order, I drove to the bank and made a deposit. Then, I was able to deliver another $86 before I came back to New Boston.

When I came back to New Boston, I stopped at my house. It was around 2 PM at that time. I rested for about 30 minutes, fixed me a glass of tea and was out the door again.

After making all the deliveries I could make in New Boston, I headed toward my mother's to deliver her Avon. There was one lady I couldn't seem to get a hold of who I knew lived between my house and my Mom's.

Mom informed me that they were having a fish fry; so, naturally, I stayed awhile, at least an hour and a half.

Then, I finally was able to get in touch with the last delivery I could make today. She gave me round about directions with landmarks and road numbers. Didn't help I didn't know the road numbers or where they were. And, she didn't know how to give directions.

I drove for about 2 hours -- north, south, east and west. Finally, it was nearly dark. A crossing-guard was riding his bicycle down one of the roads I was on. I stopped and told him what landmarks I was looking for and associated it with a road number. My GPS would not log her address for some reason, so the GPS didn't help me.

Thankfully, he knew where I should go. It was pretty far away from where I was, but I found it, never-the-less, and when she met me at the door, I asked her if she was who I was looking for. She laughed and said, "Yes. I thought you done gave up. This place is hard enough to find during the daylight, much less at dark!"

I told her, "All I have to say is, you BETTER stay my customer! Because I know where you live now!" LOL

She laughed louder and said, "That's a good one!"

It was after 8 PM when I got home. I had over $200 in my pouch to be deposited after I make my deliveries tomorrow. I made a total of over $300 in deliveries today. I was proud of myself -- not to mention tired!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think!