Wednesday, September 4, 2019

Working it...

Today I spent the day travelling to different locations to distribute Avon Books in Texarkana. I went to Super 1, Sam's Club, Cash Savers and Wal-mart on Summerhill Road.

I talked to 88 people today.

Of those 88, I got:

65 "No I'm not interested."
5 "Yes, I'll call you!"
5 "Yes, you can call me! Here's my number!"
9 "No. I already have an Avon Lady"
2 "I haven't ordered in years" or "I've never ordered but..."
2 "I used to sell Avon. I'll take a book..."

In all I gave out 14 books, got 5 phone numbers and one lady said she wanted to go ahead and place an order.

Of course, when I found out the lady lives in a shelter in Little Rock, I was leary. Her order totalled over $100. I told her she could order online but she wanted to deal with me. She said she would come back and meet me at that store when It came in. She was a sweet lady, and I didn't want to be rude, so I took her order and told her I'd call her later with the total.

I have decided I am going to total her order and let her know that I cannot order unless she pays for it up front. Her order is too large for me to take a chance with.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think!