Thursday, July 11, 2019

Produce and Productivity

This morning I woke up, bathed and dressed and headed out the door by 8:15 AM.

I set my table up at my Uncle John's and Aunt Stella's and labeled all my books as I waited.

There was shade under the tree where I was sitting, so it wasn't too hot. But, I didn't think the line was EVER going to form down the road. Finally, about 11:15 the line began to back up down Flower Acres Road.

As the cars waited, I began distributing my flyers and brochures to all the cars. I got a few sales, then, when the line disappeared, I had my Uncle John come watch my table while I hopped in my car to go get my produce at the church (the reason for all the cars).

I received a gigantic watermelon, about eight grocery bags full of packs of shell-less sunflower seeds, 8-5lb bags of potatoes. 2 sour cream in plastic containers, 1 bag of peaches, and a bushel of gigantic bananas.

I went back and packed up my table and then took my dad some produce, then took my mom some and visited with her for awhile.

Then, HOT and TIRED, I came home, got comfortable, fixed me a GIANT glass of Tea and sat in front of the computer with Fred, who is listening to his classic rock.

I am looking forward to resting the rest of the day.

I have decided not to set up any more tables until the weather cools down a bit.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think!