Saturday, July 6, 2019

It's a Beautiful Day

Last night, we only had hamburger meat in the freezer. And, a few slices of cheese.

So, I browned about a lb of hamburger meat, chopping it up.

Then, I took a casserole dish and placed a thin layer of rice on the bottom.
I sliced up some potatoes (from Flower Acres Free Produce Day) and laid them out in single layer on bottom (about 3 potatoes).
Then, I put the hamburger meat, after it was drained, in a layer on top of that.
Then, I put a layer of corn (from Flower Acres) on top of that.
I still had some tomatoes and onions in the crisper, so I chopped up two tomatoes and half an onion, and sprinkled that on top of that.
Then, I took about a cupped of chopped mushrooms (from Flower Acres) and sprinkled it on top of that.
Then, finally, I chopped up about 5 slices of Serrano Pepper (also from Flower Acres).

I baked it for an hour.

Then, I put the cheese slices on top and let them melt.

Serve. Salt and Pepper to taste!

Praise God for Flower Acres. Dinner was cheap, but delicious and very filling tonight!

After adding up the cost of the meal, I deduced that we paid less than $5.00 for all three of us to eat. WOW!

Thank You, Jesus!

One of the things I missed while I was working at my last very good paying job, though I would never say it out loud at the time, was watching God work in my life in such practical and small ways.

When you go from nothing to having everything, having everything takes something away from the closeness. Not sure WHY that is...it just does. Then, when you go back to struggling, you wonder if God is still there, and still wants to bless you.

Knowing He is, and experiencing it are two different things. I think this is why it is difficult for those who have a lot to go to having little, because they have forgotten that God CAN and WILL if they trust Him.

Though I KNEW God was still with me and I had HIM to thank for where I was, I hadn't had to trust God in this way in a long time.

I consider it a blessing and a privilege to still "experience" His love for me in my valley. I can honestly say I am really happier when I am struggling -- in some small, but great way!

Yesterday, I set up a table on Center Street in New Boston, in order to sell some Avon. I did pretty well. I didn't sell too many products, because I didn't have, on hand, the products some visitors were looking for. But, I did manage to give away a few catalog books and my website information for those who wanted more information.

I also found that I needed to have more men's products to sell. For some reason, I have made more sales to men than I have to women. Avon isn't just for women, you know! It's funny how a lot of people think so!

After being out there for 4 hours with no cover from the sun, my skin was burning. I realized that it probably wouldn't be a good idea for me to remain out there for the next 4 hours I had planned to stay. So, I loaded up and came home.

For the first time in years, I have a sunburn.

Today is Saturday. I plan to take a break and stay in front of the computer today, and plan the week ahead.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think!