Wednesday, July 10, 2019

Ghosts and Avon....

It was a pretty good day, yesterday. I woke up, bathed, debated a little on Facebook about Aliens from outer space, then I started beans in the crockpot (with hamburger, mushrooms, onions, garlic and butter, a little bit of chili powder, salt and pepper) and then hopped in the car -- after instructing the guys NOT to touch the beans until I get home -- and took off to sell Avon.

First stop, Crazy Horse Saloon. I walk in and say, "AVON CALLING!" Old man at the counter immediately says, "HEY! You got something to make me smell good?" I said, "Yes, sir!" and gave him a sample of Wild Country. He whips out the money and says, "I want it."

Lady next to him says, "You got lipstick?" I told her all I had were a few samples because I don't carry make up with me due to the weather being so hot. "Don't want the lipstick to melt in the car..."

I then proceeded to tell her about this new lip stick called 2-in-1 Lip Tattoo. She ordered it. Then asked me to check on a perfume that isn't in the book. I asked her if she wanted me to order it for her if Avon had it available. "Absolutely!"

Two customers walk in the door. I hand the lady a book. They sat next to the Wild Country guy. She comes over to where I was sitting, drinking my coke that the lipstick lady bought me, and asked me if I had any underarm deodorant. She bought 3 bottles. Then her husband comes over and says, "You got any spray cologne for men?" I gave him a sample of the new Mesmerize Black. He bought it.

Then the Bartender says, "HEY! You got any Skin so soft?" I said, "In my car!" She said, "No, I mean on you right now!" I said "Give me one minute." I go to my car and come back with the bottle and tell her how much. She buys it.

Then it was time to go.

I went and ate and passed out books to the shopping center nearby, then I came home.

Fred has decided that there is a ghost in his room. We had a good laugh, especially because he is serious about it. I told him, "Hey, maybe that's why Otis constantly barks at you when you come out of the room. Maybe it isn't YOU he's barking at!"

da da da da da da da da.....(twilight zone)

(Fred called me a "turd")

Then I checked the beans, called the guys for supper, and sat down for the rest of the night.

It was fun.

Then, today, I collected about $20 worth of orders and about $10 sold from my bucket, another $100 in online sales and I handed out about 30 books, complete with my phone info and website address!

I still find it amazing how I can talk to one person who quickly informs me, "No, I actually sell Avon, too!" and then the very next three people I talk to says, "Avon! I haven't seen one of those books in years!"

Seriously? You got an Avon rep right next door and you've never seen a book? Hmmmm. Does NOT discourage ME!

I'm tired, sweating, hot and now I have to label more books for my table at Flower Acres in the morning.

If you'd like to order Avon, CLICK HERE!
It doesn't matter where you live, Avon will deliver directly to you! And, if you use that link, that makes ME your Avon Independent Sales Representative! I am just a phone call away if you have any questions. (My number is on the website!)

Have a blessed day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think!