Wednesday, July 17, 2019

Jump Start

Hello, World!

Today was the worse day ever. Well, okay, it wasn't TOO bad. I did get to go to church. LOL

I walked ALL the way up the street (7 blocks) knocking on doors in 95+ degree weather. I was SOOO hot. And, no relief once I got back to my car, because I don't have air-conditioning. I didn't sell ANYTHING and I gave out about 6 brochures.

I decided to go to the Crazy Horse and rest and have a coke (and MAYBE someone might want some Avon while I am there...) but, no sale. I did rest up, though. The Bartender took one look at me and when I told her I had just finished door to door and needed to cool off, she exclaimed, "OH, I was wondering!" I was soaking wet with sweat and I know my face was redder than a beet. She bought me a coke.

I had the money. I tipped her with it.

I drank two cokes and left to try to sell again...but it was nearly 6 PM and God nudged me and said, "It's Wednesday night. You are here in town...." so I went to church.

I saw Miss Marcy (what a unique blessing she is!) and I told her about my day and what I was up to. When it came time to leave, I told her, "I haven't sold anything today. I can't go home until I do. So, I better get going..." She bought a $4.00 shower gel from me, so I could say I sold something and go home. LOL

I love Miss Marcy.

She even said a special prayer with me before I left.

I got in my car and the key was still in the "on" position. CLICKCLICKCLICK said my car. Sigh...

I went back into the church to ask for a jump. "Does anyone have cables? I'm stuck!"

Praise God for a guy who had some and came to help me out.

I came home and was looking forward to scrounging up something to eat and getting out of these pasted on clothes and fixing a gigantic glass of sweet iced tea.

After turning off my car in my drive and re-starting it three times to make sure it would start, I came in the house.

Fred informed me that food was on the stove, ready for me to eat. Praise GOD! He had even just let the dogs out so I wouldn't be bothered while I settled in.

I got comfortable, ate and then let the dogs, who REALLY smell good from the skin-so-soft and bath I gave them earlier today, in.

Milo and Otis fought over loves from me for a few minutes, then I made them "GET OFF ME, YA'LL! Go play! Go on, get down!" They did.

Here I am, now realizing how much God loves me, in spite of a hot, tiring, unprofitable day. He reminds me that I am SO blessed!

Mark 8:36
“For what shall it profit a man, if he shall gain the whole world, and lose his own soul?”


As for today, I am not discouraged. I know my Lord rewards hard work sooner or later.

Have a blessed night!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think!