Thursday, January 23, 2020

Just Got Paid

Hello, World!

I have 3 whole days off after working 9 days straight at the Pitt Grill.

So, yesterday morning, when I got off work, I went home and washed my clothes. Then, I went to the bank to cash my check.

On the way to the Texarkana Wal-mart, where my bank is located, my car started running hot. I texted my mechanic friend and told him what my car was doing. The "check engine" light wasn't on. The oil meter showed normal. But the water meter was running hot. I pulled off at the nearest exit on King's Highway at the Nash exit, and went into the store, as instructed, and bought some anti-freeze...and a screw driver so I could pry my hood open because it doesn't pop open enough for me to get my fingers under it to push the hood latch.

My car, "Lulu", was thirsty.

After giving her a drink, I got back into the car and noted that all of the meters were back to normal.

Whew. That was scary.

I made my trip on to the bank. I deposited my weekly check and some Avon money I had earned from selling out of my bucket (minus the amount I had just spent on antifreeze and the screw driver), then I went shopping. I bought about $15 worth of stuff to snack on for the next 3 days. When I put my card in the reader at the register, it was declined. The cashier directed me to the ATM by my bank. The ATM said I had insufficient funds. It did not make sense. I had JUST made a deposit!

So I went to the teller and asked her why I could not use my card. She said that the system was down when she put in my deposit. Then she made 3 phone calls to get authorization to give me $20 to pay for my groceries. I was on pins and needles the rest of the day and did not get to bed until late in the afternoon because I was worried about my money that did not show up into my account (which I keep a close eye on over the internet...)

I finally had to make a phone call to ask when my money could be expected to show up. I have a phone bill that is to be auto-drafted from my account the next day, and I need my money IN the bank! She took my number and said she would investigate the matter and call me back. In less than ten minutes after the phone call, my money finally showed up, just before she called me.

WHEW...

When I woke up from sleeping, I washed dishes (there wasn't much, since the guys are finally doing their part...) dried my clothes, and fixed some tea and some buffalo chicken nuggets. I let the dogs out and spent the night updating my web blogs. And now, I'm working on some marketing.

I also played some online slot machines. I figured I deserved a little fun. But, I will have to be VERY careful with my money when it comes to doing that. I can only spend what I can afford to spend for "going out" money. I never go out much anyway...

I am looking forward to the next couple of days relaxing. And, my Avon order should be here this afternoon. I will also go sometime today to the post office to mail off 50 brochures.

Ya'll have a blessed day!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think!