Saturday, January 4, 2020

Wasting Time

Hello, World,

This morning I took a bath and determined that I was going to have a good Saturday. I got dressed up, put make-up on and then checked my finances to see what I had to work with.

Nothing. My credit is maxed out, my bank account is depleted. I have a little bit of change to go have coffee with, but my coffee "date" was too busy this morning with something previously planned that probably turned into a disaster.

No pizza this weekend, I guess, either.

I updated my websites and tried to stay busy with some marketing...but that gets old when you have the first weekend off are all dressed up with no where to go.

So, I contacted another friend to see if they wanted to go have coffee somewhere.

They, too, were "occupied" with business to take care of.

At this point, I'm feeling let down.

So, I started sulking. Again.

I thought about what I could do, anything, for socialization. I have a full tank of gas. I could go riding around...but what is the point in wasting gas? It costs money I don't have.

Besides, I'm more practical than that. Even when I go to the grocery store to get something, I go straight to what I need and come out.

I could go out and walk around the block. But, that doesn't give me the socialization I need. I end up right back where I'm trying to get away from.

So, I just sat there and brooded.

I thought about what I would do if I had the money. Then I stopped. No sense thinking about things I have no control over right now.

A friend I hadn't heard from in years contacted me on Facebook. I was excited. Maybe HE would want to meet for coffee somewhere...

It was a nice chat, but he was at work.

Geez. Doesn't anyone get a Saturday off anymore?

Just as I was settling in to think about that, another friend messaged me. An old high school classmate. We reminisced a few moments, had a nice chat, then I was back to sulking.

Then, my step-cousin I grew up with commented on something I had posted out of the blue. I remembered the fun I used to have with them when I was a kid. I smiled. I took him to private messenger to catch up-to-date with him. That was nice, while it lasted.

Then, I finally gave up. Took off all the clothes I had on, dawned my jammies, washed my face and decided to just go back to bed and sleep. It beat sitting here wishing for something I didn't have -- again.

It's hard to have a life when everyone you know is busy or lives miles away. I prayed to God, again. At least He is never too busy, or too far away.

Ya'll have a blessed night.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think!