Wednesday, January 29, 2020

About Online Dating

Hello, World!

Someone made a remark to me yesterday about using the internet to seek a mate being akin to "getting ahead of God", in that it shows that you do not trust God enough to put who He wants in your life. While I agree, somewhat, to this statement, I need to clarify that I, personally, am not seeking a mate. I am seeking socialization. There is a difference.

Unfortunately, most men that I have talked to over the internet as I do so take advantage of the opportunity and make it a very harrowing experience. I have blocked 95% of those who have contacted me in response to my call for friendship as a result.

Men tend to see such calls as coming from someone who is desperate and lonely, and they wish to capitalize on their conquest, seeking to make another mark on their sexual ego sticks. I am neither desperate OR lonely.

Yes, I am single. I have spent the last six years bettering myself and my life. The only thing that would make my life "better" would be to be able to pick up the phone, call a friend and go have a great time out somewhere with someone familiar and comfortable who is after the same goal. Having isolated myself in order to focus on strengthening my home-base, I have neglected building a circle of friends in the process, and am now seeking to fix that problem.

This does not mean I am lonely. I am alone, by choice. There is a difference.

I am still in a place, mentally, as a matter of fact, where any attempt to disrupt the lifestyle I have come to enjoy over the last 6 years causes me to cringe in fear of that disruption and makes me want to run away from any possibility of that happening.

It would take someone VERY special to get past THAT wall, because I am too comfortable AND happy where I am.

But, I do need the socialization. I do need to step out and give God the opportunity to work in my life through a circle of friends. I do need accountability and self-education that one can find only in social settings. So, that is what I am looking to do in opening myself up on social media.

Ya'll have a blessed day!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think!