Monday, January 13, 2020

Overcomer

Hello, World!

I just got off work after working with Janice all night at the Pitt Grill in New Boston. We didn't have a bad night for a Sunday slow night.

Thanks to those (you know who you are) who stopped by just to say, "Hey!" It was uplifting, even though I was busy doing my cleaning duties at the time.

Today's resolution is this: to renew my stand against negativity in my life. Anything that makes me feel bad, look back in regret, feel hurt, or misunderstood, or makes me angry, ashamed or feel like the low man on the totem pole, I am not going to allow to occupy my thoughts. I will find something better to do than think about it.

And, anyone who tries to bring it back into my day will get shunned real quick by me. I am NOT going to tolerate it anymore -- not from myself, and certainly not from anyone else.

I am worth so much more than that.

I want to feel happy, loved, appreciated, and fulfilled. I am determined to live Single, Whole and Satisfied with what I have. At this point, Jesus is all I have, (outside of what He has blessed me with) and that is enough.

If you see me smiling, in a good mood, content and at peace, don't bring anything to me that is going to interrupt that. I REALLY need to focus on all that is good.

Philippians 4: 8-9
Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things.Those things, which ye have both learned, and received, and heard, and seen in me, do: and the God of peace shall be with you.

God knows the last few months have seen a different side of me...not the person I want to be. It's time I dust myself off and pick up my crown and put it back on. And, NEVER let ANYTHING knock it off my head again.

Emotions are over-rated. Love is an action, not a feeling. And, if I don't maintain my integrity, persistence, dedication and determination toward all things good, then I am killing who God is calling me to be.

I hope I see you all in my brighter future!

Have a blessed day!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think!