Wednesday, May 29, 2019

Home

Today, I will work on my surroundings. I will make my home a place of sanctuary for peace and love. I will work to make my home habitable, and welcoming for any who come through my door.

I don't want to be ashamed when I answer the knock. I don't want to make excuses about why they can't come in. I don't want someone to see me as "unsociable".

My home should reflect the inside of my heart. It should tell people who I truly am. It should tell God who I want to be for Him.

I praise God that I have a home to care for - a shelter during the storm, a place of solace when I feel drained, a place where peace surrounds me and God's love is ever welcoming.

I will remember where I came from, when I did not have a place to call my own. I will be happy and thankful for the hole in the wall I have to cover up, and the floor that needs to be repaired. It's my floor to stand on. It's my wall that God gave me. It's a picture of me, in the arms of my Lord as He works in my life. It's a reminder that this world is not my home.

I will do my best to make it better than it was yesterday.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think!