Monday, December 12, 2022

I will fear no more

Hello, World!

For those who don't know, yet, I am contemplating putting all I own into a storage unit, getting a mailbox at one of those mom and pop mailbox places so I can have a permanent address, sending my dogs off to be cared for by good people for the remainder of their lives, and travelling the USA in my car, doing Door Dash, Grub Hub, Waitr, Spark and Ubereats everywhere I go for a living, while ministering to the homeless and telling my story in shelters and churches and places I have never been to people who have never heard it, spreading the good news about Jesus as I go!

Believe it or not, there are people in our OWN country who have not heard the good news. Many have heard of Jesus, but not about what He can do, what He did or WHY. I know this because I have run into some. And, it is sad when you run into a 19 year old kid that, when you say something about Noah from the Bible, he says, "Isn't that the guy that swam across the salt sea to save the jews?"

???

In our OWN COUNTRY!

When Jesus started His ministry, even his disciples didn't understand what He was doing or why. Matthew 13:54-58, Jesus said, "A prophet is not without honour, save in his own country, and in his own house," when people who had known him all His life were not agreeable to what He was doing. So, it honors me to be in His good company.

Yes, anything could happen while I'm out there, and I wouldn't be here near family...but let's be realistic: What is my family going to do with me if I get put into the hospital while I am here? I went through that with my gall bladder, remember? I was there alone most of the time. I went home and recovered alone. It's why Gary and Fred moved in with me. AND THEY ARE NOT MY FAMILY! And none of my friends showed up when I was there either. So seriously, what can family do for me HERE that they can't do for me when I am THERE? Read Matthew 12:47-50.

I am not claiming to be a prophet. I am merely a disciple. And, I am taking the great commission seriously. I have done what I can where I am, now it is time for me to move on to some place new.

If I were going to Africa to minister there, would it be met with as much friction?

This is not something that I have not thought about for several years. I've even mentioned it. But, now that I am seriously contemplating it all, and the time is growing shorter for me to jump in and get my feet wet, suddenly everyone is giving me doom about it.

I will not be afraid, for God is with me.

I will not fail to have faith enough to fight even the biggest problems that will occur, like David with Goliath, when everyone told him he was crazy, too.

I will keep my eye on the prize, and I will live abundantly.

No one is going to talk me OUT of doing what I feel God is trying to talk me INTO.

YOLO

Have a blessed night!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think!