Monday, December 5, 2022

Hard Day

Good Monday Evening, World!

I ran today! I ran hard! I should have made more, but beggers can't be choosers and I took the offers that were available, the highest paying I could find.

I also went by the dealership and was assured they were going to help me. I have to go back tomorrow to pick up the check.

The last run was a 12-drop delivery. On my first drop, the lady left a message on the app, "Please come to the back of the house. My mother doesn't want anyone to drive back there, so you will have to walk and if you have a lot of groceries, you may want one of those wagons.."

I had delivered to her before, so I knew where she was. And, it was only one package...

HOWEVER, it was foggy tonight. I had to drive slow to get there. When I got there, I had to use my phone's light to see, it was REAL dark. And muddy from the recent rain. And, I had to walk up a wheelchair ramp when I finally made it around to her house. It was slippery, but there were mats on it. I stepped as carefully as I could on the mats.

I put the item in front of the door, took a picture, then knocked on the door. I could hear the lady inside.

I started down the wheelchair ramp. The mat slipped under me and down I went; FLAT on my back.

I cussed.

Yes, I lost my Christianity for a moment. LOL

The lady opened the door just in time to hear me say, "There better not be anything broken!" LOL

She said, "We put mats down there.."

I said, "OBVIOUSLY it isn't good enough. If I'd ended up in the hospital, you would have had to pay for it, NOT Walmart, so I SUGGEST you do something about that. At any rate, I personally will NOT be delivering anything else to THIS address."

I left, walking away with a muddy shirt sticking to my back, and a wet butt.

I still had 10 more deliveries to make.

One of them took me to a house that broken wooden steps and a whole in the porch. I won't be delivering there again, either.

Ya'll, this is my SAFETY the customers are messing with. This is my HEALTH and WELL-BEING. I don't get paid enough from no-tipping customers to deal with that. I did 12 deliveries for just $34. Not worth THAT. So yes, I will gripe when it happens OUT LOUD.

I went to Walmart and bought some power bites and wieners and brownie mix with the $11 in cash tips I had saved up. Then, I came home and took the dogs out and ate and enjoyed the brownie mix like pudding. Some of it. I'll save the rest for other nights I need some chocolate to soothe my nerves.

Have a blessed night!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think!