Saturday, November 16, 2019

Addicted to Love

I've been through enough crap to realize that love tricks your mind into thinking that you can't live without someone you love most in your life.

Love is an addiction. Just like any other addiction, the only cure for the effects that love has on you is distance.

Five years of being single has already taught me that I don't need anyone but God to survive.

I don't want to go back down that road. The road that leads to depression and longing for something I can't have, don't want, or am in fear of losing every day.

Love is not supposed feel like that. Relationships are built on trust, not covetousness. We should keep that in mind as we take the steps necessary to correct and be rid of addictive behaviors.

This doesn't mean you don't care. It doesn't mean you give up on the person you love. It just means that you are willing to walk away in order to make EVERYONE happy.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think!