Tuesday, October 29, 2019

A New Attitude for a New Year

Hello, World.

Tomorrow is my birthday. I've decided that I am going into my 51st year with a new attitude.

I deserve nothing. It's only by God's grace and mercy that I have all the good things I have. And, though I still pray for what I want, I think it is high time I stop focusing on what I want and start being happy with what He has already given me.

Being a high achiever who beats myself up unmercifully for not being who I want to be at times, it is hard for me to accept the here and now a lot of times. But, here is where I am, and now is the only time that truly matters, because then is gone and life is too short to hope "maybe tomorrow".

I have always been one to want it all "right now". THAT is where I have gone wrong, I think. I should never "want it all". I should be content with what I have.

If God doesn't think I deserve to have it all, then who am I to argue with Him?

So, here's to the start of the second half of my life. Hopefully I'll have as many years to live as I have the first half. I know that is unlikely, which makes this decision so important.

But, right about now, I wish I could just skip it and have it all right now.

Have a blessed night!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think!