Thursday, September 2, 2021

Life is Short, So Learn to Live While You Still Can

3 years ago today I woke up after being asleep for 32 hours. I was drained, dehydrated, nauseated, and had a bad gall bladder infection. The next day I drove myself to the hospital because I knew I was not going to be able to function at work.

I knew I wasn't going to come home...but I had NO idea it was as bad as it was! The doctor informed me that if I had not driven myself to the emergency room when I did, I would have been dead in less than 24 hours.

I had a cyst on my liver. I had a blood clot in the blood vessel that connected my stomach to my heart. My gall bladder was so infected that it was abnormally shaped and swollen. I had a gallstone, LITERALLY the size of a sparrows egg, in there with lots of other gallstones.

I was that close to death, and yet, I still had the strength to make sure that my dogs were okay for the next few days, go by the store on the way to the hospital to get what I knew I would need for the stay, call my mom on the way and walk into the ER to tell them why I was there.

When I was in surgery, they couldn't do it laproscopically. They had to cut me open from the middle of my breasts all the way down to my belly button to fix what was wrong with me. I was in the hospital for nine days.

Just because someone isn't lying motionless or too weak to move much doesn't mean they are not dying. I learned that that day. It was ME.

I was literally DYING and had no idea. I just knew I was too sick to work, and if I am too sick to work, I needed to be in the ER.

It changed my life.

Today I LIVE. ABUNDANTLY. GRATEFULLY. ENJOYABLY.

Life is too short to cry over stupid stuff or allow stress to control my life or allow other people's bad behavior to rule my life. Life is too short not to smell the roses or experience new things every day.

Or be with the people you love. Make good memories together. Love each other.

Be content.

I'm alive because God gave me the strength to get help when I needed it, and blinded me to the fact that I was hours away from death.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think!