Wednesday, April 11, 2018

Whom shall I fear?

Today was a big day for me. I got notified that the job I was seeking came through.

I will be a correctional officer at a prison. I start training next week.

Look. Learn. This is what God can do!

10 years ago I was homeless.

6 years ago I was living with an abusive drug addict who took everything I made. I couldn't even wash clothes.

5 years ago I married Jesus.

I was broke, had no car, was behind on rent. had no clothes, had a part time minimum wage job, had no food....

God gave me a better job, helped me get a car, sent angels with food, clothes, and anything else I needed.

And today I have just acquired one of the highest paying jobs in the area, with outstanding benefits! I want for nothing!

God is so GOOD!

I've received a lot of support from my friends during all of this; though, not without a lot of warnings:

"Be careful"
"It's a rough place"
"Are you sure you want to work around degenerates like that?"
"It's dangerous"
"You could get killed, or worse."
"The pay is so high because of the (stuff) you have to deal with"

Yes. I've heard it all. And, I believe every bit of it is true. However, that doesn't deter me.

God would not have given me the job unless there was something there He wanted me to experience. Good, or bad, whatever doesn't kill me will make me stronger in my walk with the Lord, and as a light in this world. It might cost me my life, but I've already given my life to Him.

Someone in there needs me. My employers, the inmates, my co-workers, the lady who works in the kitchen, or the office...It doesn't matter who. SOMEONE is the reason I am going there. Maybe more than one person. Maybe all of them.

As long as God is with me and clears the way before me, I have to go.

It might be a week. It might be a few months. It might be a couple of years. I hope I retire from there...but even if I don't, I have to go.

Tonight I celebrated with my friends by going to eat at Golden Corral. WHAT A CELEBRATION! I made sure to give my testimony to the server.

Isaiah Chapter 43




No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think!