Friday, June 23, 2023

Rough Week, And Then Some

I've had a really rough week this last seven or eight days. 

My dad died last Thursday. He left behind two dogs that really need a home, someone to take care of them. They are being fed and looked after but they need more human interactions while we wait for the estate to settle and figure out what's going to happen to the house.

If Dad had left the house to me I would keep the dogs. But I don't think he did. I really don't want the house. It needs a lot of work, but I would do what I had to do if I had inherited it. I figure it's probably a blessing that I didn't. And I can't take on another responsibility at this point.

My aunt is not discussing the will until it is able to be read with both me and my brother present. So it's life as normal for me. I am praying that I did not inherit anymore responsibilities.

I have been too busy to really sit down and think long enough to mourn my Dad's passing. But I don't think he'd want me to cry anyway. He was always very impatient with any show of feeling on my part. My mother is too. So, I'm just barreling through trying to do everything I normally do every day.

I stayed with my Aunt Charlene until the funeral home came to pick daddy up from the hospital. I am behind on my rent, so I had no choice but to go to work and not think about it. You don't realize how strong you are until something like this happens.

I went to my dad's visitation, and his funeral the next day.

On Wednesday, my friend Gary also passed away. I had helped him and my friend Fred to get off the streets about 5 years before. I tried to look after them to make sure that they had everything they needed. Their health had declined so much that staying on the streets was not survivable for them anymore.

I contacted his sister to let him know when he went to the hospital so that she was able to contact the hospital just before he passed away.

A friend made me some bags of food to go pick up, and I did that. I also bagged up a lot of stuff that I had too much of, and I sent a care package to someone else in need.

I am still praying that God gets me out of this debt bondage. I would like to be able to take a break and think about all these things and get it out of my system. But I can't right now. I'm too busy fighting for my own survival.

I know there is a purpose to this. God is looking out for me. And God will get me through all of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think!