Sunday, April 19, 2020

Not Desperate

I love it when old boyfriends decide to come around to see if it's safe to try to come back into my life to use me some more.

They tend to get mad when they find out I don't need them anymore. I've learned to take care of myself better than they ever could...and I don't need a relationship just because I don't have one.

Just got blocked. LOL

If I EVER have another relationship, it is going to be with someone who has become my best friend FIRST.

I'm too old for the traditional dating games.

I sleep hugging a pillow that is so comfortable -- and less dramatic when I push it away to get even more comfortable.

I've learned I don't HAVE to have sex. And, some man pawing me or undressing me with his eyes doesn't turn me on.

What DOES turn me on is knowing that someone thinks I'm worth the time of day to hang out with, is never too busy to talk to me when I need to, and doesn't try to impress me by being someone they aren't just because they want to get laid. I want to love someone for who they really are, not someone I hope they will be. And I want consistency.

And, honestly, I'm just plain not looking. I really don't want someone who is. If it happens, it happens. But, I don't want a situation in which not wanting a relationship with someone is going to ruin being friends with that person.

And if I can't have that, well, I'll just consistently stay where I am.

#notdesperate




No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think!