Tuesday, March 10, 2020

Silent Victory to a Loud Cause

Listening, catching up on the Podcast "Verdict" with Ted Cruz. I am on episode 12, where he is talking about the State of the Union Address.

He mentions Rush Limbaugh and praises his accomplishment.

My thoughts wander back to the years between 1995 and 2001. We had Waco, Ruby Ridge and the OKC Bombing. The American People had awakened to realize and notice how the mainstream news media were leaving out a lot of information that didn't answer their questions. They wanted truth. They wanted the whole story. They wanted to know WHY -- perhaps for the first time -- and they weren't settling for less than TRUTH.

The internet was just beginning to open up opportunities that we never had before. Information was just beginning to flow at a more rapid pace. We begin to be able to network with people that we had never had a chance to network with before for information from across the country.

People begin to collect information from different sources, and put the pieces together. They realized that the story that they were putting together didn't match the stories they were being told my the mainstream media of the day. They begin to notice outright lies that we were being told.

Rallies for transparency and Constitutional protections were being held. In order to fight the lies of the mainstream media, they began to build powerful email lists to update people on what was actually happening. A few conservative organizations, who were demonized daily by the mainstream media, accused of being "non-credible conspiracy theorists of the lunatic right" on a consistent level, got together and decided to carry that a step further.

I was involved in one such gathering in Austin Texas. It was called "Texas Best Seminars" and it was headed by a man named Wes Curtis. He was awesome in delegating responsibility to people who didn't even know how "involved" they wanted to be. He recognized talent, and called on us to use them.

We created America's Media Alliance. We got conservative radio, newspapers, newsletters, and short-wave radio personalities together. Anyone who had the potential to get information out. It was time to compete with the mainstream propaganda distributors. It was time WE THE PEOPLE had TRUTH.

We called on the unorganized militia to help us gather information, preaching that "the pen is mightier than the sword". And, while they continued to prepare for the worst, they began to open up and help us to secure our place in mainstream thought.

Soon, we began to see more personalities appear on mainstream radio networks. Rush Limbaugh was among the very first of those. He was a pioneer in conservative action.

But, he was NOT the only one.

I had my Friends of Liberty website that I used to promote the Alliance and all of it's members. I was elected to be the President of the Alliance because of my ability and knowledge on how to work a press release. I had the largest network of press release recipients all over the U.S. I became a powerful ambassador to the cause of freedom by using it. My site had half a million hits every month.

Then, the Sierra Times came along. J.J. Johnson was the owner. He was another one of those leaders who knew how to delegate well. He appointed me to be the site's Advertising and Promotional Executive. It was hard work. It was long hours. And, all of it was without pay. I made approximately $400 a month in affiliate commissions. I don't know how much Sierra Times made...but it wasn't enough to pay a salary to anyone that worked there. We didn't have the donors or sponsorships needed to do more than keep the information flowing. We were determined that it didn't matter. The information was too important not to share. It was our fight. It was our civic duty. We had enlisted in a growing army of Americans who wanted to tell the TRUTH. I helped see the site build itself to over a million hits a month.

We saw to the building of a conservative army like none that had ever been built before. World Net Daily was created. Mike Savage came along. All of them started at the bottom, in the American Alliance of email list networks and Friends of Liberty network of websites, and the Sierra Times News outlets. And, when I finally left the scene in 2002 due to personal problems and lack of enough funding to survive and give my all, after I had lost everything in the fight, they stayed around to continue the fight and carry it on to higher levels.

When I came back to the internet 10 years later, Facebook had taken over. Google, YouTube and Twitter had made their marks. It was no longer us conservatives the government hated. And, it was no longer just ABC, NBC, CBS, and CNN that the Conservatives were fighting.

And Rush Limbaugh was still on the front lines, fighting, among a few others from the past that I remembered. I had a sense of pride.

FOX News had been born. (and, I while I am worried that it is not strong enough to fight take-over attempts and offers, I am still proud that it made the effort and is still making a difference!)

I HAVE a sense of pride. No one remembers me or my contribution. No one believes all I had experienced during that time. No one will ever know the sacrifices I made to launch those who were still here fighting the good fight for TRUTH, JUSTICE and LIBERTY FOR ALL. But, I know. And, I will stand proud and applaud that the fight is now bigger than ever. And when Rush Limbaugh received his Medal of Freedom at Trump's Speech, I was working at the Pitt Grill, listening to the speech, and I applauded with tears of joy in that silent restaurant in the middle of the night, having moved on to a new life.

I don't believe he is the greatest, but I believe that he has stood fighting in the greatest cause with more fierceness than most, as evidenced by the fact that he is still fighting to the death.

He deserved that.

We ALL did.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think!