Saturday, April 23, 2022

An Apple for the Teacher

A teacher told me that sending our kids to school was a "privilege" and we should be "thankful for it". This was in response to me questioning the 4-day school week New Boston is implementing.

I had to school her.

Here is my response:

That might be the case if our kids didn't get truancy records for not attending; and, the parents didn't have CPS called on them when they decide to keep their child at home. Furthermore, we, as parents, have NO SAY as to the what you teach our child in the curriculum 90% of the time! A "privilege", teacher, is not something that is MANDATORY.

Driving is a "privilege." Getting your child an education in public schools is government mandated.

Have you ever home-schooled? I did. I was threatened when I took my child out of school. I had to jump through all kinds of hoops just to have the PRIVILEGE of teaching him at HOME.

So, with that said, you TEACHERS need to understand that we as PARENTS want what is best for our CHILDREN, NOT what is best for YOU.

The PRIVILEGE, as I see it, is that YOU get to teach our CHILDREN.

You ASKED to work there. You were ACCEPTED to the job. If you don't like your job, go look for another one.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think!