Monday, October 11, 2021

What I have learned in 2021

Every year, during my birth month, I take the time to write down the 10 top things I learned that year.

I nearly forgot all about it this year, I've been so busy!

For some, the COVID epidemic has been a curse that has brought depression among many. But, for me, COVID has created the way in which I now make my living as a courier and taxi driver.

Hey, if life gives you lemons...well, I did my best to make lemonade!

I have learned a lot this year. Not just in the way I make my living, but also in my relationships and my spiritual growth.

Here goes:

1. Don't waste your time and energy on people who don't appreciate what you have to offer. Make the offer, then walk away and hope they follow. If they don't, it's their loss.

2. It's best not to talk about what you are going to do. (yeah, FAIL) It's better to talk about what you have done and why.

3. Internet Dating is cheap and it devalues those involved. It is too easy to scam someone over the internet, or lie, or omit information. A relationship should always be based on REAL. (I already knew all this...I just found out a whole lot better about why this year).

4. Always have a plan B, and it doesn't hurt to have a plan C, too.

5. Stay objective when you find yourself intwined in a situation you are not sure about. Stepping outside the problem to look inside is the best way to see the whole picture.

6. Always follow your gut instinct...but make sure it is based on good information, and not on emotional fear.

7. Love is not something you say...it's something you do. (I think I included this on other years as well, but it is worth a re-do, because I was reminded of this over and again this year.

8. Sometimes the best respect you can give someone is to walk away from them.

9. When you pray, there are three possible answers: Yes, No, and Not right now. If you don't get what you want, it could mean "No", or it could mean "Not right now". Because you don't know which answer it is, you should always accept the answer as "No" right now, and act accordingly. Acceptance is the first step toward letting go and letting God.

and finally,

10. Letting go means moving on and leaving it behind. It means looking forward and not back. If what you let go of is meant to be there, it will catch up with you later.

The song that best describes this year for me is:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think!