Sunday, November 29, 2020

Splish Splash

Hello, World!

Normally, I would say that I got nothing done today. It was a lazy day...

It sure felt like it. EXCEPT...

My cousin came over and checked my kitchen sink for me. He thinks he can fix it. I'm looking forward to having it working again so I can properly wash dishes and the floors won't get wet all the time.

I also mentioned my toilet while he was here. Showed him how I had to flush it without using the handle. He left and came back with some tools and parts and fixed it for me. (He's an ANGEL!)

And, I am SO grateful!

I also mentioned the tub faucet, but that was out of his territory. So, I turned to YouTUBE. I got enough of an idea of what to look at, so I proceeded on my own to see if I could help myself.

I turned the water off at the source, under the sink. I turned on the faucet to see if it was completely off. Then, I ran my hand down the pipe below to see if there were any leaks. I shook the pipe. Then turned it back on.

Water was coming out a little better. It looked like progress, so I tried it again. Twice. Each time progress. The last time it was ON! Praise the Lord!

Yes. I took a bath. I enjoyed the fruits of my labor. I was so PROUD of myself! I have a BATH TUB again!

There is something about taking a nice hot bath that makes you FEEL cleaner. And more relaxed.

I spent the rest of the day doing nothing much. Drinking a lot of tea. Eating chips and vienna wieners. And a BBQ sandwich from the Dollar Store.

I even contemplated giving the dogs a bath, too. Decided against it, as it is too cold outside right now.

Here I am! BLESSED!

Hope YOU are too!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think!