Tuesday, June 18, 2019

Watcher

If there has ever been a sign that the world is ready for Jesus to return, it is Facebook. Just sitting here each morning and spending fifteen or twenty minutes a day scrolling through looking at all of the posts, one can see the labor pangs that the Bible talks about.

Left vs. Right
White vs. black
Christian vs. atheist
Rich vs. Poor
Successes vs. Failures
Happy vs. Sad
Family Member vs. Family Member

So much anger, bitterness, rejection.

And each day, the number of prayer requests seem to grow.

I am a people watcher. I always have been. It's always seemed safer to sit near the door and watching the crowd as they change each moment. Facebook is no different, saving only that I can do it from the comfort of my home.

The more I see now, the more I pray, "Come, Lord Jesus, and soon.", only to hear that small still voice say back,

"Just a little more time. So many aren't ready, but I promise, soon enough."

Are you ready?


No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think!