Thursday, November 10, 2016

Trump decision...

It's time for me to call it a night. But, before I do, I'd like to weigh in on the Trump win.

I'm not a fan of Mr. Trump, and though I have acknowledged that he is the lesser of the two evils available, I still didn't vote for either one.
However, that does not mean that I will kick and scream because I did not get my way.

We had an election. A contest. A vote. Trump won.

The Bible says
Romans 13:1
“Let every soul be subject unto the higher powers. For there is no power but of God: the powers that be are ordained of God.”

What this means is that Trump is now our President because GOD willed it. And, if God willed it, then we should respect it. Like it or not.

There are times when I cannot stand by someone who has wronged me without wanting to bash his or her face in for the pain they have caused me. However, I grit my teeth, I smile, I am kind to them. Not because I want to be, but because GOD wants me to be. (Luke 6:27)

Therefore, I am going to give Mr. Trump the utmost respect now that he is President Donald Trump. He is the President of the Greatest Country on God's Green Earth, and that is worthy of all of my respect.

This does not mean that I should sit back and remain quiet when the Donald makes bad decisions as President. As American Citizens who are Kings and Priests unto our God, it is our duty to hold our leaders accountable. (Revelation 5:10)

My pastor made it a point tonight to remind us that if we don't talk to our God in prayer, then we can't gripe when He doesn't come when we need Him. He can't listen if we don't speak.

Today, many see Trump as an answer to prayer. All I have to say at this point is be careful what you ask for. You might just get it. God IS a God who answers prayer.

Good night, World. May peace be with you. May your joy not be fleeting. And, may America REALLY be great again!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think!