Wednesday, November 9, 2016

Something about Chickens Roosting...


OMG...the chicken has come home to roost.

When I first got out of the homeless shelter, this apartment complex is where I came to live. It was close to the shelter, to the friendship center, and to the library.. Everything I needed was within reach, and plenty of opportunity to serve Jesus here.

At almost two years, I decided I was lonely and needed to find a man. The men who came into my life cheated on me, lied to me, called me names, abused me.

I ended up,.,,well, if you've been reading my posts you know the rest.

Today, I am back where I started. This apartment is so cozy. It feels so much more like home than it did at Redwood. Even many of the same people are still here, and some from Redwood who moved here.

I have my cable internet hooked up now. I am washing my fourth load of clothes. Today, my landlord is giving me a bed from another tenant who moved and left theirs behind...with the stipulation I buy a bed cover for it. I can have the bed. It's mine.

I cooked my first hot meal on the NEW stove that is in here. It is BIG...enough to cook a turkey in, but today I'm eating Liver and Onions smothered in Brown Gravy and Okra and Tomatoes on the side with a couple of slices of wheat bread. YUMMM.

Did everyone vote yesterday?

When the cable guy said, "There ya go!" I said, "OH KEWL! Now I get to hear people gripe about Trump!" He busted out laughing.

We have a new president. The People have spoken. Let's pray we are headed in a new direction.

I will be watching. And, Mr. Trump, Congratulations. Don't disappoint us.
I am reading post after post of people who are cheering for Trump's victory. The reasons for this:

1. All those who said they would move won't be here tomorrow. The country is cleaning itself up.

2. They feel the people have a voice again.

3. They think that things will change now.

4. The pursuit of Happiness seems obtainable.

5. We may have a fighting chance against ISIS now.

But, having lived 48 years upon this earth, and having experienced every presidency since Richard Nixon let me tell you what is really happening:

1. All those who said they would move will not move.

2. The people will figure out that their voice doesn't mean anything, as usual when the dust settles.

3. The people will experience more of the same from a different regime. The only difference being that the top is on our side...just powerless.

4. The pursuit of Happiness has always been just that, the PURSUIT...and no one can stop that.

and finally,

5. Trump has been hesitant to side with Israel in the fight against ISIS.. God will curse any nation that does not stand with her. That is in the Bible. God doesn't like luke warm Christians, and He doesn't like people who straddle the line.

I like the way my cousin in law, Johnny Mcfall put it: "I do value other people's opinions, does not mean I'm going to change mine though." I feel the same way.

This doesn't make me intolerant. If I asked you to remove yourself as my friend because you support Hillary or Trump, THEN I am being intolerant.

I've seen a lot of those lately. Wow.

America was built on diversity of opinions and the ability to thrive in spite of them TOGETHER.

You want America to be great again? Then learn to accept that others have an opinion that is different from your own. You are allowed to state your opinion and WHY you feel that way, but you are not allowed to call me a because I don't agree with you. If we all got along in spite of our differences, we might be able to convince others to come over to our side of the fence easier.

Ever hear the old saying, "Sugar is sweeter than vinegar," or "You can catch more flies with honey"...

JMHO.

My take on assisted suicide:

I like how my adopted sister Rosa put it:

"Everyone has a right to commit suicide. The problem comes when you try to force others to assist you as you commit suicide."

I don't think it should be legal to assist anyone to commit suicide. I believe that it becomes murder at that point.

Those people who are protesting Trump are not protesting Trump at all. What they are protesting is the American system of Presidential selection.

Do we really want to change that?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think!