Tuesday, August 30, 2016

Live with Jesus

In January of 2005, I opened a beer bar on East 9th Street. I rented the old Nip & Sip building from a long time business owner in Texarkana, Arkansas, and with the back up funding from my boyfriend at the time, I went on this new adventure.

Later after the bar was closed down, as my pastor was telling me about a friend of his who was opening a bar, I remember telling my pastor, "Take it from me, someone who's been there, you cannot in good conscience be a Christian and own a bar." He replied, "I wish you would tell HIM that."

But, even then, I wanted to give God credit for where I was. The reason for this is, good or bad, no matter how my new venture turned out, I know that it was in God's hands. God would lead me where He thought I should be. He would bless it, or let it die. Either way, I knew He would take care of me.

So, one of the albums I had put on the jukebox was Wynonna Judd's "Wynonna" album. On it was the target song, "Live with Jesus." It was my favorite.

Every morning when I opened the bar for business, the first song I would allow played on the jukebox was that song. Every night, as I locked the door, I made sure that song was playing.

The business didn't last, but you know what? I'm STILL gonna live with Jesus in the end!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think!