Sunday, July 10, 2016

What will Jesus find you doing when He comes back?


I got to thinking: If Jesus had come back yesterday, what would He have found me doing? I woke up singing "Noone like Jesus". I sang it all day at work when things were quiet and I was alone...and I sang it loud. LOL At home, I bathed and readied for work, and posted on the internet. At work, I searched for ways to make the best use of my time, and my team's time. I listened to gripes, offered solutions, and shrugged a lot. (I follow the rules, too...LOL). But, when someone called me on the phone needing something, I did what I could to make it happen! Then, I came home, petted my dogs, ate, and watched Netflix, and played Candy Crush. I fell asleep intending to listen to praise and worship music on Pandora...but I didn't make it that far. I was tired. What were YOU doing?

If Jesus comes back right now, what ARE you doing? I woke up contemplating a dream I had last night about buying a house from a questionable character because it was cheap. I wondered what it could mean. I bathed, then hopped in my car, promising my dogs I'd be back with treats. I went to Walmart and arranged to pay my last car payment and withdrew allowance for the next two weeks. Left the rest in the bank for bills. I bought crafts and food. And Pupcorn for the dogs. I keep my promises. I am home now, trying to get people to think about what they might be doing when HE comes back. I'm fixing to go to work again, and serve the public, making sure that disease and sickness doesn't pass from one person to another due to a contaminated environment. Then, I'll come home late at night, and Praise God again, as I relax and wind down for the night. What are you doing? What will you be doing when Jesus comes back? Will He say "Well, done, my good and faithful servant" if He looks at your everyday life?

Will He say that to me?



If this has inspired you, please share it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think!