Saturday, July 16, 2016

Living "Outside the Box"

I am a people watcher. I watch people, what they say, how they say it, how they act, their body language, and try to figure out why they say what they say and do what they do on a deeper level, so that I can understand people that I come into contact with each day...their motives, their goals, and what they ultimately want.

Most people want to "belong". They do and say things that they know will get them pats on the back, or "likes" on Facebook, or what they perceive as "respect" from their peers. What I have found is that no matter how many pats, likes, or friends a person has, if he or she doesn't believe in their own cause, seems stuck "spinning their wheels", never seems to be "improving" their own lives, they are unhappy, alone, and miserable.

I have learned to live "outside the box". This means that I don't care how many "pats on the back" I get, or how many "likes" on Facebook or any other social media, or how many people want to shake my hand or brag that they know me. I care about truth. I care about my relationship with the One that IS "the Way, the Truth, and the Life." As a result, I have become extremely happy. I HAVE a sense of belonging that I didn't ask for, and I get people around me that love me, even though I am imperfect.

Trying to be perfect without acknowledging the one who is as the one who can make you so is like competing with a giant who could squish you at will with no consequences to bear for it. I'd rather have the giant carry me on His shoulder. The Giant I serve, however, is merciful in that He gives people a chance to be carried. He is careful not to squish even those who hate Him, in hopes that they will change their point of view toward Him. One day, however, He will become angry at their insolence enough to squish them all, so He will only be surrounded by those who really love Him. Those He would lovingly do anything for, lifting them higher and higher so they can see the Universe as He does.

I could care less what others think of me or my beliefs. I only become aggressive when others try to deny my right to worship in the way I see fit. Worship for me is not something I do on one day of the week, for a few hours. Worship is something I do with my life, in living how He has said I should live.

If I have to do it alone, by myself, I will do it because it fulfills me, and with Him, I am NEVER alone.

Let my daily prayer be as this woman's in the final scenes of "The War Room"


No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think!