Sunday, December 30, 2018

How Great is Our God!


Hello, World!

I've spent the last two days with the guys and my baby-dogs. We've laughed a lot at the puppies and their antics. Milo is so funny, and Otis is a trip!

I've rested and spent a lot of time in prayer and in the Word, too. I'm getting ready for the New Year. I wonder what God has in store for me in 2019!

2018 was a BLAST!

God showed up and showed out all year long. I saw Him work first hand in my life as I went from working at Denny's and living in my tiny one-bedroom apartment in Texarkana, to purchasing a new home, and beginning my job as a Corrections Officer.

Working where I do right now is something I never in a million years saw myself doing -- EVER.

At work, the other day, as I was minding my area, the prisoners were having a Bible Study. One of the prisoners was leading about 10 others in worship and prayer. Another prisoner, who was not participating walked by the desk where I was sitting and watching.

He said, "Isn't it something how people come to prison and suddenly start being preachers?"

I immediately responded, "God doesn't call the qualified. He qualifies the called."

He raised his eyebrows in thought as he continued on his way from the Day room to his cubicle.

Wow. I thought. That'll preach.

It has inspired me to work with what I, myself, have been given to work with to get out the message God wants me to give out.

As I spent the year "straightening my crown", I realized that I have a story to tell that Glorifies my Lord and Savior. God gave me that story. He wants me to tell it.

I can sum it all up in a few words:

God is a GREAT and MIGHTY GOD! NOTHING is IMPOSSIBLE with HIM!

Happy New Year!

I hope you all have a blessed one!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think!