Sunday, May 6, 2018

My week in Review: I can do all things through Christ

Monday, April 30, 2018

WHAT A DAY!

First, I got gassed and pepper sprayed. Then, I got a loan for my new home!

It will still be a while before I can get things started for the transition (I have until August 26 to take the loan), because I have to come up with the down-payment, and the current owners have to be able to move out.

In the meanwhile, I spoke to my friends who I helped get their apartment recently, and they are willing to let me stay there until I can get it worked out. I offered to pay them. And, it's a LOT cheaper than getting a motel.

Everything is working out great, in spite of those who wish to see me fail.

I'm so thankful that God sees something in me that others do not.

I'm going to TRY to get SOME sleep tonight. (I'm so excited).

Thank You, Lord, for directing my steps. Thank You for all of the great opportunities that you have presented me with. Thank You for loving me enough to teach me hard lessons, and for forgiving me when I mess up -- and blessing me in spite of everything.

I love You, Lord. Even when I have nothing, because I know who I am. Thank you for blessing me with everything!

In Jesus's Holy Name,

Amen

Tuesday, May 1, 2018

It's been a rough day. Very rough. Physically. LOL

We learned some defense tactical moves in class today. Oh, Lord, but I need work! I am sore all over right now. Not sure I can cut the contact drills. NOT looking forward to it.

One of my classmates said I was doing great. I sure don't feel like it.

STill giving it all I got, though.

On the upside, I think I may have found someone who will help me move. I have to get in touch with him about it first, though. If not, I'll be looking for someone with a pick up truck who can help me in a few weeks.

On a sad note...

A VERY SAD NOTE...

My beloved elementary school principal, Mr. Robert Eitel (Redwater Elementary) went home to be with the Lord, today. Mr. Eitel was a very special person. I would be hard-pressed to find another school official who exuded as much faith, patience, and encouragement toward the students under his care.

I can't think of anyone who has a bad thing to say about him.

I was privileged to have him as my principal.

See you when I get there, Mr. Eitel!

Prayers go out for his wife, Judy (former High school math and typing teacher), and two sons (and former schoolmates) Jeff and Scott, and all the rest of their family and friends.

Wednesday, May 2, 20l8

Today is one of those "The devil is gonna get you today" days.

Praise GOD that MY God is bigger than anything he can throw at me, though!!!!!!!!

First, I was not very confident about doing Defense Tactics again. But, I went on and did my best -- and wasn't too bad. Still need work...but that is the whole idea -- to find out where I am and what I need to work on. Way more confident now...

Then, I went to Burger King after work, only to find out that my debit card had no money on it. Come to find out, someone got into my Paypal account and tried to steal about $200 from me. I am in the process of putting a stop to that, and have disputed it at the Bank.

Finally, after receiving my paycheck, going to the bank, disputing Paypal, and getting gas, I tried to drive away only to find out there was a flat on my passenger rear tire. I ran over something that was lodged in my tires. It was now 5:15 PM and I didn't have any idea of who to call for help, had no spare and no jack. (Yep, I will be investing in jack, crowbar and tire soon)

I finally called Daniel's Used Tires. They don't make housecalls. But, I explained to them who I was, that I had just started my new job and could not miss a day without dire consequences. Did not want to miss due to having a flat tire. They were so very kind and came and helped me out. It cost me $105 dollars, but it could have been a WHOLE LOT WORSE.

I could have not had a way to work tomorrow, lost my job. Lost my new home. Lost any chance of ever seeing my babydogs again...pretty much lost EVERYTHING -- including my apartment.

Thank you, Daniel's Used Tires for helping me out! I know you didn't have to, and you will be blessed for this! You literally saved my life!

Thank YOU Lord, for watching over me, AGAIN!

So, in spite of being "beat up", mugged, and having a flat today....I'm SOOOO blessed!

Thursday, May 3, 2018

It is my opinion that depressed people should go and try to do something for someone else when they feel depressed. Helping other miserable people not to feel miserable sure makes me feel better when I get that way.

It also makes me see more clearly the blessings I have been given.

Today wasn't a bad day, even though it was raining cats and dogs and I had to wear my rain gear just to go into Wal-mart to get more quarters for laundry (I spent what I had yesterday digging for cash to pay the tire guys so I wouldn't have to withdraw more from my bank account)

I forgot to take my rain gear into work with me, so by the time I got to my car at the end of the day, I was already soaked.

Note to self: Rain gear only works if you use it.

Tomorrow is Friday. It will mark my third week at the Academy. Graduation is getting closer!

If you want to come see me graduate, I would love to see you! Especially since my own mom isn't going to be there. She left me a me message today telling me that should I have any problems, I should "Call your daddy" (What did I tell you, Hmmm? LOL) After all, it is obvious she doesn't want to see me succeed.

I think I proved yesterday that I don't need to call either of them. I'm a big girl. And, should I get desperate, I do have friends who actually love me. I don't need for my mom to be proud of me. God is. He has already proven it. That is all that matters.

I'll let ya'll know the exact date when I get it confirmed.

Ya'll have a great night. Gotta finish washing my uniform. (I have to get my other one resized, so I can't leave mine with the laundry at work...)

Friday, May 4, 2018

It is the most wonderful, rainy day.

I have learned not to stress over what is to come, because God takes care of the future.

Jesus said it best, "Think not about what tomorrow may bring. Sufficient unto the day is the evil thereof."

That doesn't mean we don't prepare for the worst, it just means that we don't live expecting the worst. We prepare for it because anything could happen at a moment's notice, but we don't dread it because it MIGHT happen.

Anyway, i'm sure ya'll are wondering what I am trying to say.

I got a phone call last night from the owners of the house I am buying. They have decided to leave behind the stove, refrigerator, washer, dryer, a dresser and some curtains.

You have NO idea what a load that is off of my back (and my checkbook!) God has gone and done it again!

Just when I think I can't get much more blessed. Just when I think He is done, He shows out again!

And, to top it off, TODAY IS FRIDAY!

That means I made it through my 3rd week at the Academy. I am HALFWAY THERE! WOOHOO!

BTW: Graduation is May 25 at 3:00 PM at the Bowie County Courthouse in New Boston. If you decide to come see me graduate, you need to be there before 2:45 PM or you may not get in.

I pray ya'll have as blessed a day as I am having, so you can feel how I feel!

(My daddy used to tell me, "rub my arm". When I did, he'd say, "See how I feel?")

Saturday, May 5, 2018

This morning I slept late, because I could.

Today, I have a lot of work to do. I'm going to start going through my things and packing to move. It's about that time, and I hate to rush.

9:45 AM CST. I've been listening to "Tier Talk" on YouTube as I've been packing clothes. Got 3 plastic Totes and 1 box of clothes, and 1 box of shoes, boots and sandals packed.

I've also stuffed 2 very large garbage bags full of clothes that I am going to take to Randy Sams' Homeless shelter.

Yeah...I had a LOT of clothes -- most of which I couldn't, wouldn't, or don't wear.

I'm fixing to go deliver them, and then get something to eat...somewhere. I gotta go to Walmart, too.

I was planning to get another box of large trash bags, but when I went to go through my shoes, I found a whole roll of trash bags I thought I'd lost. LOL

Still have other stuff I need to get though.

Not going to shop for groceries. Don't want to haul off a bunch of food, or for anything to go to waste.

Well, break's over. Time to go back to work.

2:15 PM. I just took everything in my closet (just about) to New Boston for storage in my soon-to-be new home. God bless Miss Betty and Buren Jones (the owners) who said I could do that so I wouldn't lose my stuff when I have to move out of this apartment on June 1st.

I'll take another car load next weekend. Still got a lot to pack. But, I got my work-out for the day!

Went to Wal-mart and bought a couple more totes, and some more things I need for work, and some snacks and food for a couple of days.

I'm tired now. Going to relax

I just changed my profile "about me" on Google +.

"A male friend of mine once described me as sweet, kind, generous, have the patience of a saint and the tenacity of a bulldog. I am intelligent, hard-working, honest, sincere, simple and low-maintenance.

I have had everything, and I have had nothing. I am blessed no matter what my circumstances are. I like to tell everyone, "I am blessed, no matter HOW I feel."

I have worked in fast food, and I have supervised people at a local hospital. I have picked up cans for a living, and I have been a housekeeper. Today, I am a web site designer and a Corrections Officer at a local State Prison.

I have had a full life with many experiences. I look forward to and make the most out of each and every one of them. I wouldn't trade the world for what I have been through.

I have gone from being homeless ten years ago, to owning my own home today.

With God all things are possible. I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me. Me and God, well, we've proven that over and over again. "

9:30 PM. I wasted a lot of today (after packing and hauling boxes) by doing something I haven't done in a long, long time. Well, since September of last year. LOL

I played Sim City until 9:30 PM.

Figure it's time to go to bed now before I forget I have to get up at 4 AM Monday morning.

LOL

More packing tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think!