Wednesday, March 28, 2018

If That Mountain Don't Move

I recently quit my job at the restaurant where I worked. Last Friday, as a matter of fact. I decided to take a week off before starting to look for a job, since I have 2 months worth of bill money in the bank. I have until the 1st of June before I have to come up with rent again.

I enjoyed my week off. Then, on the following Monday, I decided to start at the top: the highest paying job I could find, with the best benefits.

The job is tentative. I have to wait on my background check and employment history check. That's the only thing I'm really worried about is my employment history. I have worked a lot of places in my life, and I cannot possibly remember all of them off the top of my head. But I did the best that I could do. She seemed less worried about it than I am.

I took my pre employment test and passed. I was surprised about that because the math part was pretty hard, but she said she was surprised that I didn't even use the scratch paper.

Anyway I'm trusting God in this, and just to show that I'm trusting God, I decided to go and eat at Golden Palace. I know I shouldn't have spent the money on this, until I know something, but I trust God that no matter what He's going to take care of me.

I will know something by April 10.

Nothing is written in stone yet.

I prayed before I went and I prayed after.

The rest, I figure, is up to Him.

The job will be demanding. It will require 6 weeks at a training academy, where I will run, do push-ups, sit-ups, and -- I'm sure -- a number of other physical as well as mental exercises.

I am almost 50 years old. I never figured I'd be going to "boot camp" at my age. And, I cannot imagine running a mile in 5 minutes. But, God put this mountain before me. He is either trying to teach me something, or to prove Himself. Either way, I am called to climb it.

This morning I woke up at 7:30 a.m.

For breakfast, I cooked me some fish and fried tators. It was a good breakfast. Then, I watched Matthew Hagee's sermon about God's belief in me. God will not give me a mountain that He does not empower me to climb, he said.

Powerful. I needed that.

After walking yesterday, my ankle felt like it was going to break every time I stood and put pressure on my toes. So, I stretched them all last night, and put as much pressure as I could stand on them until I could not stand the pain any more.

A good FB friend reminded me that that which does not kill me is given to me to make me stronger. So, I tortured myself.

This morning, I stood on my tip toes with no pain. But, it is raining outside. I cannot go for my planned walk today.

Instead, I got down on the floor and attempted push-ups.

Yes, I attempted them. I worked and worked at it until I was able to at least push myself up...on my toes, not my knees. The lowering myself was the challenge. I still haven't got that down yet...but I am determined to keep working at it until I do. Just not right now...I'm tired. My ankle has started to hurt again. More stretching and torture tonight...and possibly some more push-ups later today.

I tried sit-ups. That was even more challenging. I have not been able to do it without raising my legs to bring myself up yet. Still working on that too.

But, God does not put a mountain in front of me that He does not empower me to climb. God is my strength, and I refuse to quit without using all of the strength I have available, and then some if I am able. It's what God expects of me.

He'll let me know if I need to surrender. But, for now, I am called to fight.

Taking a break now. My website and GPTs are calling.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think!