Monday, December 18, 2017

The War on Men: Count Me Out



Senators Elizabeth Warren (D-MA), Sherrod Brown (D-OH), and 17 of their colleagues sent a letter to Acting Chair of the U.S. Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC) Victoria Lipnic requesting information on the commission's efforts to address sexual harassment in the food and hospitality industries, which have high numbers of tipped workers, according to a recent press release by Senator Warren.

Seriously? As a food server in my paying job, I have worked the industry for nearly 30 years. I'd like to know her definition of rampant, and when does sexual harassment become sexual harassment that requires law enforcement?

If it is just a case of women who are offended because someone decided to flirt with them maybe those women shouldn't be working in public. It has been my experience, especially as a "tipped employee" of a nightclub (i.e. local tavern) that being able to handle sexual harassment is a requirement of the job. My tips depended on how classy I handled myself.

I mean seriously, if a man flirtatiously slaps my bottom, I'm not going to have him arrested or sue him. I'm going to ask him to please stop -- unless I like him, then I might ask him to do it again. If I find offense with his behavior and it doesn't stop, I will have the management remove him from the premises or I will refuse to wait on him. And if that's not enough... well, I'm from Texas we still don't call the cops--or need legislation-- to solve all our petty problems.

If women cannot handle men when they are just being men, then perhaps they are the ones who should get counseling.

Let's just call this what it is, war against men. I don't know about you but I want out of it. I have enough trouble trying to find a man who's willing to be man enough to do what he's supposed to do in a relationship. I don't need women like Elizabeth Warren ruining what little chance I have of ever finding one.

The problem with men today is that they have been de-emasculated to the point of being afraid of their own shadows. Maybe she should look into that as she is hunting down a solution to the rampant rise of opioid, and other, addictions. When men see a problem they can't fix, they turn to a means of escape -- be it other women, alcohol, their work, or other addictions. I can't think of a greater "problem" than living with a contentious woman who wants to exert her unfeminine desire to be "man of the house" non-stop.

Oh, I'm sure I'm going to get blasted by this by other women who tell me how "weak" I sound, when in truth, they have no idea how strong a woman has to be to let a man be a man. But, if they were any kind of real woman at all, they would be able to influence men to respect them and show them the honor they deserve without trying to force them through legislation and threats that ruin their life, like calling the police because a man slaps them on the behind.

A man who rapes a woman and abuses her physically is not a man, and those are the things that need to be regulated. But, c'mon, what man hasn't gone into a bar or a night club expecting to go home with the barmaid at some point in his life? Or, at least wanting to?

Democrats in Congress are walking a very thin line in addressing the "rampant" sexual misconduct permeating their offices. To expect sexual favors for promotion is way different than putting up with a slap on the behind and being told "You sure are a purty thang!"

Elizabeth Warren, if you feel uncomfortable with that, perhaps you should check your own femininity.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think!