Monday, September 5, 2016

Try getting it out. Just Try.

Someone on my friend's list said:
"Donald Trump is the only non-Establishment Republican who ran - and won. He is God's man, for God's plan, at this time. A vote for a third party candidate, or a write-in vote for Cruz or anyone else, or not voting, is support for Hillary."

This is my response:
If Donald Trump IS indeed God's man, and if it IS God's plan that Donald Trump be president, then my vote won't matter. When God has a plan, it's GOING to happen. l, however, am STILL not voting for evil, even if he IS the lesser of the two. I do not presume to know the mind of God. I only know what He has said in His Word. And, His Word says that one needs to ask for forgiveness before they are accepted into the Kingdom. Donald does not think he needs to because he doesn't believe he has ever sinned. That's enough reason right there for me not to vote for him.

Tie into that the fact he doesn't respect women and he's all about "making deals" rather than following the Constitution, and that is all the reason I need NOT to vote for him.

No, his opponent isn't any better. In fact, she is worse. However, I won't vote to enable one sin over the other.

I vote, instead, to let God have His way. I throw up my hands and believe that no matter what, God's got this. The inevitable is that we are doomed, no matter what sin we vote for. Why prolong the inevitable?

And before you beg me to give Trump a chance because, after all, all of the Bible is full of imperfect heroes: we had no choice in electing Abraham, Gideon, or any of the other Biblical personalities that have been the focus of our learning as Christians. God APPOINTED them. No man can get in the way of what GOD wants. So, Trump is not on my conscience if he doesn't win because I didn't vote for him.

And for those "Christians" who want to sling mud at me and call me "self righteous" in a derogatory manner just because I choose not to vote for their candidate, I have one question: When Jesus comes back, what excuse are you going to have for supporting evil and slamming those who choose to "wear their religion on their sleeves"? I would suggest looking at what YOU are turning into.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think!