Saturday, February 17, 2024

Genesis 1:1-3

Genesis chapter 1


In the beginning God created the heaven and the Earth.


A new beginning deserves a new beginning.


Today is the first day of the rest of my life. Today is the day that the Lord has made and I will rejoice and be glad in it.


In the beginning, God created me.


It was a different beginning than the one in the Bible, but it was a beginning, nonetheless.


I've started over so many times in my life. The one thing that all those things have in common is that I carried parts of my old self into them. I am sure that this time will not be any different; but, I'm going to try.


I start with nothing. Everything I have is a gift from God.


My health has taken a turn for the worst, and right now I am praying for healing that only He can provide, in a myriad of ways.


God gave me a story to tell. I want to tell that story.


Genesis chapter 1 verse 2


The Earth was without form, and void; and darkness was on the face of the deep. And the spirit of God was hovering over the face of the waters.


The darkness tried to overtake me. It surrounded me on all sides. I felt as if I was going through a dark tunnel, grasping for anything I could hold on to to help pull me through.


I could see the light at the end of the tunnel. I knew it was there. But this long dark tunnel was so lonely and desolate.


By the time I got to the end of the tunnel, I had been beaten and battered in my heart. My health had taken a downturn and I had no way of knowing if I would ever get better.


Congestive heart failure is not curable. It is only manageable. 


Genesis chapter 1 verse 3


Then God said, “Let there be light”; and there was light.


Sometimes the struggles we have in life scar us. I had spent the last 2 years begging for help from people who were supposed to be the face of Jesus.


Aside from a few people who said they would pray for me, help was very hard to get.


It made the face of Jesus look useless.


If I had not been as strongly grounded in my faith, if I hadn't known the power of my God and understood that ultimately His plan would prevail, I probably would have thrown Christianity away.


I can understand the anger some people feel towards Him and what He stands for. It doesn't make that anger justified - only understood.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think!