Saturday, September 14, 2019

Staying Chaste

One of the things that I have experienced from being chaste is that when men finally realize that you are serious in your commitment to stay that way until a commitment with them is reached, they want to turn tail and run.

Most men in this day and age will only get married for two reasons: they either knocked you up or they want to own you.

They only sleep with you for one reason: they are horny.

I'm sorry but neither of those is reason enough for me to spread my legs.

I want a man who is emotionally invested. So if a man is emotionally unavailable, he might as well not even try.

And, it's going to take a lot more than words to prove how emotionally invested he is. So if he isn't willing to spend time with me, or to talk to me about personal and intimate issues, and he doesn't believe in the things that I believe in, and he doesn't like to do the things that I like to do or vice versa, then I am not interested and it will never happen. And, it takes time to get to know all of this about each other. So, jumping right in bed is not an option.

I have ended up with enough losers in my life. I want to make good and sure I'm not going to end up with someone who is a loser again.

One of the things I've learned since I made the decision not to spread my legs about 5 years ago, is that you start to see things with a much clearer vision. I have realized that God doesn't make laws in order to trip us up or make us feel guilty. He makes his laws for our protection.

So when some loser comes along, and he doesn't stand the test of time that it takes to build a relationship, I praise God that I had his rules to guide me.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think!