Thursday, September 26, 2019

Takin' Care of Business...


WHEW! What a DAY!

First, I went to Flower Acres Baptist Church today to get much needed produce they were giving away. The Harvest Food Bank ships produce to various places around the area to be picked up by those who could use it. When Farmers have produce they can't sell commercially for whatever reason (too thick, too thin, too big, too small) rather than waste it, they let the food banks have it for the needy. Some of it may be day old apples (still good, just didn't sell) etc. I got a whole box of them today...(as well as cabbage, white onions, LOTS of potatoes and a box of plums and 2 small watermelons and about a 50 lb bag of carrots.

I went to three different houses to distribute my over-abundance to people who I knew needed it badly. I still ended up with a WHOLE lot to store back.

Then, I went to make a delivery of Avon. On the way, I took a $30 order from a previous customer who called me. Then, I made my delivery. I collected the money and gave the customer some of the carrots and apples I still had a lot of.

Then, I came home, unloaded my car, then took off to make another big delivery.

After collecting the money, I decided to splurge and buy a $5.00 Roast for the crock pot. We haven't had real meat for a few days and I am ready for some protein in my body. With the carrots, onions and potatoes, I'm going to feast!

Also, I hadn't even had a glass of tea today, so I was suffering. LOL.

When I finally sat down with my glass of tea, after running all day, I received another order for Avon, bringing my order total to over $200 so far for this campaign!

I haven't even started making call-backs yet! And, I didn't do some of what I wanted to get accomplished today because I didn't have time. There is always tomorrow...

My day has been blessed!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think!