Sunday, December 1, 2019

Thy Will Be Done

Hello, World!

It is an AWESOME day when you see God's hand in your life by way of the struggles you are going through.

It lets me know that no matter how bad I mess up, God is still there to guide me and love me in spite of my own stupidity.

The Bible says we are supposed to value proper counsel when we have problems we don't know how to handle. But, how do you know what things to seek advice for, and when is relevent to do so? AND most important, who do you seek advice FROM? And how do you know WHEN to?

If there is one thing I've learned, it's that, while God has all the answers, the Bible doesn't. HOWEVER, the Bible DOES give us direction on HOW to find the answers. And, seeking counsel is one of them.

Me? I just throw the question out there and see who answers. LOL...if it is an answer from someone I respect as wise and experienced, I take his/her advice. If it is from someone I am pretty sure doesn't have a clue, I ignore it. One of my former pastors said it was like "chewing the meat and spitting out the bones".

I guess this is where you pray for the Spirit of Discernment in order to tell the difference between the two.

If God wants me to KNOW the answer, He sends someone who has solid advice. And, God usually sends SOMEONE when there is something He wants me to learn!

I can always tell when God is talking to me. He always sends me a problem to solve in order to teach me what an idiot I am. When He does this, I'm like, "Wow! You really DO love me!" even if I still don't like what He has to say. It sure makes me more submissive to His Will, though.

Ya'll have a blessed day!


1 comment:

  1. Very well said Shonda! My daily prayer is to ask God to guide my thoughts which leads to the words that I say and the actions that I take. I try not to act or speak to soon giving God a chance for his will to be done.

    ReplyDelete

Tell me what you think!