Monday, December 9, 2019

Bacon, Losing Weight and LOVE

Hello, World!

My size 18 pants are already getting baggy on me. I just went down from a 20. Not long and I'll have to find some 16s. I am not complaining. LOL Still got wear in them, though. At least I have room to move around.

This morning, I fixed me about 3 bacon strips to snack on at work. After eating them, I wanted more. LOL

I told my co-worker about my recent bout with my gall-bladder, how I had suffered with it for nearly 5 years not being able to eat bacon.

"So," I told her, "I REALLY appreciate every bite I take when I eat it! I savor the taste of it, and take the time to enjoy each bite, and I thank God that He let me live to enjoy it!"

Bacon. One of the "little things" in life that is appreciated immensely!

I have learned something, as 2019 is coming to a close, that I should probably add to the things I learned in my 51st year list: Loving someone does not require anyone's permission. Just because someone doesn't love you back is no excuse not to give your all with all you have to give. I have learned that the ability to love is not something that is there for someone else in your life. It is there for YOU. And, if God has given you the ability and the opportunity to love, then it is a blessing to be able to do so. After all, LOVE is not selfish -- at all!

WooHOO! It's Payday! I went to the bank, bought some sugar for my tea and then went to the bread store and for just $7, I got about 7 loaves of bread and 4 bags of Hamburger buns and about 25 assorted fried pies.

That should do us for the rest of the month.

Ya'll have a blessed day!

Mine is

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for sharing your little bacon tip. I love bacon too and might try keeping some fried bacon in the fridge for easy preparations next time around.

    RitaAnn~

    ReplyDelete

Tell me what you think!