Friday, December 20, 2019

Another Blessing

Hello, World!

My mom called me today to ask me what I wanted for Christmas. I jokingly said, "Lot's of money!"

She said, "Well, I can't do THAT. You OWE ME money!"

LOL...I said, "I know."

Then I told her, "I just want Christmas dinner with the family. That's all." So, she told me when to show up.

Truthfully, that's all I REALLY want.

Thanksgiving was SO disappointing to me this year. I don't want a repeat for Christmas. I don't think my heart could handle it right now.

After we hung up, I immediately, upon afterthought, called her back. I told her, "Get me some fluffy house-shoes." She asked me what size. LOL

I have to work on Christmas, so it's going to be a hard day, as it is.

I moved my desk into my room this morning, for more privacy and comfort while working on my computer. I can now listen to my Christian radio stations when I want to, and not have to worry about the guy's TV watching being interrupted or interrupting me during my meditation time.

I delivered all my Avon yesterday, and paid some bills. And, I loaded my car with some more Avon to carry with me in my box for more cash sales.

I wrote the forward for Mr. Langston's book, "Connect the Dots" and sent it to him. I hope it is what he was looking for.

I prayed. Fervently.

And, talking with a friend about my recent "Forward", I came away with a thought:

People tend to shy away from the struggle. They tend to prefer "playing it safe". It's easier. Less dramatic. Less risky. BUT...what if the struggle is actually the blessing?

Somehow, it made me feel better.

There is a reason for everything. Nothing happens without a purpose. And, one day, I'll look back at today and realize that I needed this for what I will be going through when that happens.

Doesn't make "this" any easier; but it does make it more bearable.

Moving on...

The lady at the Family Dollar asked me "How are you doing today?" to which I replied, "I am blessed."

She said, "I like that answer. It's refreshing."

I smiled and said, "It doesn't matter how I feel. I am blessed no matter how I feel."

Have a blessed day.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think!